Netgear ME 102 pass word needed

I'm using an ME102, but it has been several years since I set it up. I believe that it came with a blank password by default. I'd try a hard reset of the device.

Reply to
Jerry Park
Loading thread data ...

Again, I'm not really sure. Generally, devices are reset to factory default by holding in the reset button for approximately 15 seconds while applying power to the unit. That is, unplug the unit, press in the reset button, apply power an hold in the reset button for approximately

15 seconds.

I don't really know if that will work for this particular unit.

Reply to
Jerry Park

look for a user manual online?

formatting link

Reply to
bryan

Mine is mounted high in my stairwell and is not easy to access, but I can't see a reset button on it.

So -- chunk the unit?

Reply to
Jerry Park

Are you accessing the unit with the SNMP manager or the USB manager?

I know the SNMP manager requires the password but I'm not sure the USB manager does. It might be the solution.

(I'd try that, but it would be way too much trouble to dismount my unit and access it with a USB connection).

Reply to
Jerry Park

Anybody know the pass word for Netgear ME 102 Access Point Management Utility?

thanks Jesper

Reply to
Jesper Olsen

how do I perform a hard reset?

/Jesper

Reply to
Jesper Olsen

The problem is that I can't find a reset button on my device??!! So?

/Jesper

Reply to
Jesper Olsen

I have been looking in the online manual in the first time, but couldn't find a pass word there.

/Jesper

Reply to
Jesper Olsen

Are you accessing the unit with the SNMP manager or the USB manager?

I'm trying to access it with the SNMP mangager and here I need the pass word. I haven't tried with the the USB manager, but eventually I will.

/Jesper

Reply to
Jesper Olsen

I believe the default SNMP password is "private".

Reply to
Steve Pearce

Thanks Steve - the pass word IS "private"

/Jesper

Reply to
Jesper Olsen

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.