Microwave wireless bridge

Hello-

I'm a web caster by nature, but I'm having some problems with a wireless to ethernet bridge that I use. I'm still trying to get details as far as name and model of the wireless bridge components from my network admin, but here is the general setup: The transmitter is on a building about 500 feet away which beams to a receiver on the side of another building that I web cast from. From there it goes to a Netgear switch, which is connected to my laptop.

My problem is that after about 40 minutes or so of web casting, the wireless receiver stops taking the signal from the transmitter. I can unplug the receiver and it'll restart and then take the signal, but it takes about 3 minutes to reboot, not very good during a web cast. From anything I have said, can you help me?

Thanks in advance

------------------------------------------------------------------------ View this thread:

formatting link

Reply to
Craven
Loading thread data ...

Just for grins, can you cover the outside equipment with a cardboard box with lots of 2" vent holes and place a small fan over the inside equipment.

Reply to
nevtxjustin

I'd like to know more about this block of text. Details. Because if you're doing what I think you're doing, and it's for a company, from a company, or to a company... I'm intrigued.

Reply to
dualdflipflop

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.