ma111 is going back

I'm a network newbie, but I've spent too much time getting this absurd dongle to work. Now I have to convinve myself it's not broken. I may exchange it and try again. MA814v2/ma11v2 xpsp2 box to 98se box. Worked briefly now nada. Everything installs just fine. Arrrgghhhhhh.....

Reply to
zZero
Loading thread data ...

Make sure you have the latest drivers amnd installation software. The MA111's have had some issues with XP SP2. On the other side, I have a version 1, and when I want to just get something working real fast, it is my "Old Dependable". It works great iin a WIN ME box, no problems on WIN 2000 and XP pro, all different manufacturers. Check Netgears site b4 you bail.

formatting link

Reply to
PDA Man

I've read all here and at Netgear's site, including numerous other places and have yet to find a sol'n. Last night I manually typed in the IP/subnet/gateway addresses into the wireless 98se box to see what would happen. Don't really understand except that the wireless should have been picking up the router's IP which it hadn't. Nothing changed. The damned l'il blue light on the usb wireless adapter just kept blinking away. I'm thinking it's fried as it worked briefly before I did a second reinstall of my C: drive. Now it won't even connecxt to the router at all. Hell, it probably corrupted my C: drive. Ya know what really pisses me off besides everything? When you call ahead to someplace you don't really want to go to (because it's too far away) to make sure yer not wasting a trip and then ya get there and they go "duh..." It's happened more than once. At different places. It happened last night at CompUSA, a 50 mile r/t for me. I want to determine if the router's OK and it's just the WA. Wanted to try an exchange, but they were out of stock. I called before I went there (see above)..But enuff about me..... Can't find an upgrade/patch that's relevant for Version2 of these here dongles. Cheers

Reply to
zZero

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.