Linksys RV082 Problem: Can "login" but can't access web based utility

Hi,

Ok this is going to sound strange but here goes... I've had the Linksys RV082 for 6 months now and it's worked great until last Tuesday. Users couldn't connect to the internet etc... I've done numerous tests and here's what's happening:

- I can access the web based utility whe on the internal network

192.168.1.1/24

- I can sometimes access the web based utility externally (using port

8080) - This used to work fine all the time before. - When I connect from work, it no longer lets me (I didn't change any network configs from work) - When I connect from home, sometimes. - When I am connected to the VPN using Quick VPN, it doesn't work at all

- I can connect to the VPN

- Internal users (on 192.168.1.1/24 network) can get IP addresses, and see each other. They can not access the internet (DNS doesn't work at all). They can ping static IP addresses but can't really do too much with them.

Again, I know this sounds crazy. I've updated to the newest flash, done a hard reset, tested a bunch of difference scenarios and still same results.

I have not made any changes to the router for a while which leads me to believe that it's broken. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

mRMEOVE_HTISartin@gRMEOVE_HTISmail.com

(I know I spelt "remove this " wrong...)

Reply to
Giffy
Loading thread data ...

OK,

One more thing I forgot to add (which makes it even more wierd)... When I try to login externally or via VPN, I am prompted for the username/pass (which rules out firewall issues)... I login properly (I know because I tested with bad passwords as well) and then it just trys to load up the home.htm page... doesn't give me a "page timeout" error....

Thanks.

- When I try to access the Giffy wrote:

Reply to
Giffy

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.