TP-LINK :TL-WR541G repeater?

Hi, trying to set up my old WR541G router as a repeater. I currently use a TP-LINK TL-WR941ND for my internet router. Can I configure the older WR541G to resend that signal, or is it unable to do that?

If yes, can anyone link me to a "how to" or tell me how to go about it?

Thanks!!

Reply to
J.d.
Loading thread data ...

formatting link

I have one of them. Various hardware versions, mine is the v7

I did not understand your question. You want the WR541G to pick up the signal and re-transmit it ? No, it can't do that. You will need an Ethernet cable connecting it to something with internet access. Could be your TL-WR941ND. []'s

Reply to
Shadow

"In order to build a WDS connection between different devices, it requires that both devices support WDS connection. "

My WR541G v7 does not have WDS. Don't know if there are more recent versions that have that feature. TP-LINK routers are dirt cheap though, might as well get the one with the latest backdoors. []'s

Reply to
Shadow

It's a thousand kilometers away. I left it setup for a relative. But the manual says nothing about WDS. But I found it on the datasheet. Nice to know it's there. TY. []'s

Reply to
Shadow

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.