Network Key?

Hi guys,

I'm new to setting up wireless networks. I just brought a DLINK G604T and want to set up a wireless network with WPA2 encryption. Now i have set everything up so the wired connection works (so the ISP details are all correct). I have been trying to connect to this wireless network, but I can't seem to enter a "correct" network key (or WPA2 key?).

I get a message:

The network password needs to be 40 bits or 104 bits depending on your network configuration. This can be entered as 5 or 13 ascii characters or 10 or 26 hexadecimal characters.

Is the network key the same as the WPA2 PSK that I entered in the router settings? I have changed the default SSID and I am running Windows XP.

Thanks, Phil

------------------------------------------------------------------------ View this thread:

formatting link

Reply to
Philosophik
Loading thread data ...

On 2008-01-20, Philosophik intrigued me by typing:

I'm not familiar with that particular AP, however, the message you are receiving coincides with setting up WEP. WPA and WPA2 can use all sorts of characters, letters and numbers up to 63 characters. Double check your setup.

Reply to
Doug Jamal

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.