Loss of internet connectivity

We're having problems with our computer losing connectivity with the Internet. This is happening on two different computers. We'll show that we're connected, but the computer doesn't recognize the net. On the desktop, we have to reboot, then it's okay.....for a while. The laptop can be fixed....briefly, by disconnecting, then reconnecting to the router. I have recently installed Norton 2008 on both machines. Anyone recognize this problem?

Reply to
Trevor L.
Loading thread data ...

If you deinstall Norton*, does it go away?

*also known as "reinstall Windows" if you install certain portions of Norton. Use of Norton Antivirus is not a best practice in this household.

-- Les Cargill

Reply to
Les Cargill

I have uninstalled Norton, and it hasn't made any difference. I took my laptop to where I work and plugged connected it with the ethernet cable, and it was fine, so it's some problem with our home network. Hoping that someone else has experienced this and can point me in the right direction. Thanks for your suggestion.

Reply to
Trevor L.

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.