Linksys WRT54G v 5, firmware 1.0.1.0

For whatever reason. the new firmware (1.0.1.0) for the Linksys WRT54G v 5 and v 6 has a problem with it's DHCP server connecting to Macs and computers using OS/2 or eComStation. The computer can't find the router. Workaround is either to set the computer to use a static address, or reload the prior firmware (1.0.0.9.)

Alan

Reply to
nobody
Loading thread data ...

You have it backwards. The computers connect to the DHCP server, not the other way around.

If it works with a static IP address, my guess(tm) is that you're using WEP and are trying to use the ASCII text version of the WEP key. Don't. Use the Hex WEP key and it will work. However, I would strongly advise you to abandon WEP and switch to WPA or WPA2.

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

There is a some kind of bug in the DHCP server in firmware 1.0.1.0. When I upgraded(?) from 1.0.0.9, my Linux wireless systems stopped being able to get an IP address from the AP. Windows still works, as do the wired computers (both Windows and Linux). So far, I have not had time to debug it, nor have I found a place to download a copy of 1.0.0.9 for restoring the previous behavior. I had deleted the old one courtesy of a disk failure. I assigned static addresses for the affected computers.

Larry

Larry

Reply to
Larry Finger

Larry Finger hath wroth:

upgraded(?) from 1.0.0.9,

Windows still works,

to debug it, nor

behavior. I had

the affected computers.

ftp://ftp.linksys.com/pub/network/wrt54gv5_v6_fw_1.00.9_US_code.zip

For Windoze DHCP (and BOOTP) query tool, see: |

formatting link
Linux version of the same: |
formatting link

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

upgraded(?) from 1.0.0.9,

AP. Windows still works,

time to debug it, nor

behavior. I had

for the affected computers.

formatting link

formatting link

Thanks for the URL's.

Reply to
Larry Finger

I was wrong here. Wired Linux computers also fail. I reported it to Linksys and "their engineers are working on the problem."

Larry

Reply to
Larry Finger

Linksys has released firmware version 1.0.1.1 for WRT54G V5 and V6 wireless routers. The new version corrects the problem of using DHCP with Linux. It is likely that it also works with OS X, but I cannot test that.

Larry

Reply to
Larry Finger

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.