Weird problem with 3COM wireless card

Hi,

I have a 3Com 3CRWE154G72 wireless card. I am using windows 2000 and the latest drivers. The card was working fine, and had now started to stop connecting to networks. If you scan, ti will find networks for about 1 min, then stops finding any. It is impossible to connect to any. I get code 10 errors once the device has stopped finding networks on scanning.

I have tried driver reinstalls and reinstalling windows. No joy!

Any ideas!?

Thanks squelch41

Reply to
squelch41
Loading thread data ...

On 17 Nov 2006 14:30:08 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote in :

Make sure all power management is disabled. Scan computer for viruses and spyware.

Reply to
John Navas

Nothing on the scan. Power management for the card is disabled - no joy!

John Navas wrote:

Reply to
squelch41

Just to compound this, when I boot up, if I go to device manager, there is no code 10 error on the wireless card.

Once it had stopped recognising networks (as I say, takes about a min) then the code 10 error appears on the device.

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Reply to
squelch41

I presume you followed the instructions, and installed the drivers BEFORE installing the card? Apparently this often causes issues.

Also there are some comments about these cars on dslreports.com. A google search for 3CRWE154G72 code 10 error might be instructive.

Reply to
Mark McIntyre

I have followed the instructions an dodne the things in order - been burnt by that before (other devices in the past!).

I am beginning to wonder if the card has failed or if it is due to a secruity update knackering the drivers - have tried to install it onto a friends laptop that runs XP - same problem.

Tried google but all the responses are just the obvious things I have already tried.

Will look on dslreports.com.

Thanks for your help

squelch41

Mark Mc> >

Reply to
squelch41

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.