Linksys WRT54G problem after updating firmware

I have a WRT54G connected to our main LAN to give wireless access to our users. Our main LAN is driven by a Cisco 2651 and Cisco switches. We have a command in the 2651 to route the appropriate traffic to the WRT54G. This worked perfectly until I upgraded the firmware to the current 4.20.7. I think I used to have 2.04.7. My problem is that I can no longer see wireless clients, or the WRT54G config page, from the main LAN. I used to be able to access the WRT54G from it's address on the Cisco network, 192.168.0.187 or by its own rotuer address of 192.168.9.254. Now I can not access either from the main LAN and I can only ping it on the 192.168.0.187 address, I used to be able to ping both. I am thinking it has something to do with the firmware, since it worked fine prior to the upgrade. I have the firewall turned off - it does not appear to be a setting. Any idea?

Thanks,

Chris.

Reply to
Chris
Loading thread data ...

1. What hardware version of WRT54G? I could probably figure it out from the firmware version, but I'm lazy today.
  2. Your upgrade of the firmware reset all the settings. Your WRT54G is now at the default IP of 192.168.1.1. You probably also lost all your other configuration data. Did you make a backup of the setting before the upgrade?
Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

Hardware is verison 2. Actually, most of the settings were retained after the firmware upgrade, but as per Linksysy tech suppoprt I reset the router and then changed all the serttings back to the way they were previously. As a test I have also tried to get our other branches routers on the network and they do not want to cooperate either. They are all at 3.03.1. Again - they work great as far as the wireless client is concerned. The wireless client can ping anything on the main network, but we can not get back thorugh to the wireless client from the main network. Seem like some extra security measure in the newer firmwares, but I can not figure it out.

Thanks.

Reply to
Chris

What version of the hardware do you have, and does 4.20.7 match that hardware?

Reply to
William P.N. Smith

Fixed it - I do not remember doing this before, or having to do this before, but I changed it to router mode from gateway mode and all is better. For some reason I still can not access the admin page via the LAN address now, but I can from the Router IP. The important thing is that I can access the clients again.

Reply to
Chris

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.