LINKSYS BEFW11S4 firmware problem

Don't use the setup cd.

1.50.14 works just fine on my BEFW11S4v4. Stomp on the reset button for about 20 seconds to reset to defaults. Plug in a WIRED connection between your computah and one of the LAN ports on back of the router. Don't try to do the configuration via wireless. Open an MSDOS window with: Start -> Run -> cmd IPCONFIG Verify that the gateway address is 192.168.1.1. Fire up a web browser and point it to: http://192.168.1.1/Note the extra "/" at the end. You should get the login screen.
Reply to
Jeff Liebermann
Loading thread data ...

Hi all, have just installed new firmware version 1.50.14 on my LINKSYS BEFW11S4 but cannot now get it setup from the setup CD. Any ideas? cannot find earlier versions of firmware either to go back.

Reply to
Mark Williamson

Reply to
Airman QPD

Try setting up manually .

Earlier firmware ftp://ftp.linksys.com/international/firmware/

NBT

Reply to
NBT

Have tried configuring the router manually with no success. I think it maybe that my blueyonder cable modem has problems with the new firmware or the new firmware has issues with it. I cant find the older versions of firmware on the linksys ftp site they only seem to have the 50.14 version which is the one I just installed. The CD worked perfectly to set up the router on the old firmware so I feel that is probably my best chance of getting this problem solved. Any help in finding older versions of LINKSYS BEFW11S4 firmware of muchly appreciated

Mark

Reply to
Mark Williamson

This version of firmware will not even write to the router. Are you able to write older firmware versions to this router? When I tried this version 1.50.10 it said it couldnt connect to server whereas 1.50.14 will quite happily wipe the flash and update the router.

Cheers for your help tho.

Mark

Reply to
Mark Williamson

Where are you downloading your f/ware from ,your e-mail addy implies UK and having checked the International download it quotes ver 1.50.13. I think you will find that 1.50.10 & 1.50.14 are for the US. Try

formatting link
NBT

Reply to
NBT

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.