How to wake up a USB drive attachted to TP Link Router

I have a big thumb flash drive plugged into a TP-LINK Touch P5 router (yes obscure router with only the original firmware release). It takes incoming connections VIA Windows 10/11 and Samba V1 to do scheduled backups. It's often asleep and needs to be woken up or else DOS, my backup software, and other utilities/programs think it's disconnected.

But if you browse to it using Windows Explorer first while asleep, there's often a delay of a couple-few seconds, then it wakes up and the backup software will then work fine. But the backup software itself doesn't trigger a wakeup.

A simple batch file of:

@echo off net use y: cd \sqwertz-backups @dir

DO NOT wake it up.

C:\Users\Sqwertz>net use New connections will be remembered.

Status Local Remote Network

------------------------------------------------------------------------------- DISCONNECTED Y: \\192.168.0.1\Volume_A1 Microsoft Windows Network

But wake it up with Windows Explorer first and then:

C:\Users\Sqwertz>net use New connections will be remembered.

Status Local Remote Network

------------------------------------------------------------------------------- OK Y: \\192.168.0.1\Volume_A1 Microsoft Windows Network

What other commands can I put in a batch file or utility can I call just before the backup to wake up the router's drive and WAIT for it to be awake before it exits and the backup proceeds?

I assume the router's USB driver firmware is putting it to sleep and SMB doesn't trigger a wakeup? I have no control over that.

-sw

Reply to
Sqwertz
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.