USB Hard drive Wireless ?

I have just bought a device that stores data on a hard drive and can display the contents on my TV. The idea is to take the drive to a PC, load it with MP3, video, or .jpg and then plug it into the back of the TV. No problems ! The question is, what I'd like to try is, instead of taking the device to my PC, plug it into 'something' so that the PC can see the disk drive wirelessly. I can then leave it by the PC and just transfer files as if it were plugged into the PC via a USB cable. In a way the fact that it can be used to display on a TV is probably irrlevant, so has anyone tried using an external USB disk drive but instead of using a USB cable, connect it wirelessly? I don't think it would have an IP address so the thought of connecting it within my wireless network wouln't work. Any ideas ? Cheers

Reply to
mal_k100
Loading thread data ...

X-No-Archive: yes

it is possible now to buy a wireless external hard drive.

Reply to
banjo

Reply to
mal_k100

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.