how to connect a usb printer to a linksys wireless router

Hi people. Can I hook up my cannon bubble jet printer (with an usb cable port) directly to my linksys wireless router? My wireless router only has the standard network ports (not a usb port). Can I use these inexpensive print servers, like the AIRLINK 1 Port Mini USB 2.0 Print Server APSUSB201 that sells on ebay for $19? If not, what should I use, and what is the going price on such devices? Thanks!

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com

Reply to
blakesq
Loading thread data ...

"blakesq" wrote in news:1125270748.677880.148970 @g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

That's what you're going to need if you want to connect the printer to the router. Wired and wireless computers using the router will be able to print to the printer.

long version

formatting link
short version

formatting link
And you can serach for more print servers by manufacture name.

Duane :)

Reply to
Duane Arnold

Maybe but some printers have pretty intimate communications via the specified connection method to determine things like ink level, paper level and so on.

Sometimes, treating it as a network device leaves you with just print function and no ability for the driver to query the status.

Try it and see.

David.

Reply to
David Taylor

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.