Help with D-Link DWA-548 PCI Card

Hi,

I have recently just upgraded my wireless network to the D-Link Rangebooster N 650 DIR-635 router from a linksys 54g system.

The router install went good but when i came to install the PCI card (DWA-548) from the same product family i ran into major problems.

I installed the card in PCI slot and booted my computer to install the drivers. Unfortunately the system now hangs after between 1 - 30 seconds after entering windows. If i remove the card everything is fine.

I did uninstall the linksys card before installing the new one but whatever i try i get the system hung or a blue screen saying i need to remove any new hardware and reboot.

I did find an article on the internet where a guy had the identical problem on his 64 bit machine and mine is also 64 bit although i run 32 bit windows xp like him. He got around the problem by frigging the install by copying over older belkin N1 draft driver .sys file over the top of the dlink .sys file in safe mode and trying again.

I don't know where to get these drivers to try or if there is anything else that i could do to try and get the good working.

Does anyone else have any ideas what i could try?

Thanks

Ian.

Reply to
ianwr
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.