Install files for Linksys WMP54G

Hi,

I hope someone can help me. I have tried to install a Linksys PCI WMP54-G card in on a Win98SE system. I managed to get the system recognize that there is a new board in the system, and it was asking for install files. So I put in the offical install CD which came in the box....and in the dirvers subdir there were no real driver files at all, not even a .sys files. So I went to the Linksys site to download the latest drivers for a WMP54G...but it was mentioned that it is for WMP54G V4 product. So having nothing else I tried it and it hung up the system completely....

So what I am looking for a driverset ( that is known for that it works) so I can get this working properly.

When some one can point me to a site, or send me the drivers, that would be appreciated...

Thnx

Frank

Reply to
Frank Kuypers
Loading thread data ...

Frank - Page 10 of the installation guide tells you to "install the software BEFORE you install the hardware". This is your problem, so remove the card, follow the instructions, and you should be in business.

Reply to
eno

ok..... it is the RTFM thing again.... I'll give it a try again and report back.

Thnx Frank

Reply to
Frank Kuypers

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.