EVDO internet with DSL router

Hi all, I had a dsl internet connection previously. So i had bought a D-Link Dl-524 router. It worked fine with the dsl network. But i recently bought a evdo card(usb) and now i access internet through it. But i was wondering if I could use my same old router to create a wireless network with internet from my evdo card for my psp. Actually i tried a way. What I did is connect the router to my comp through the lan port

1 of my router. This would create a wireless network with my router. Now the part 2 is to give my wifi network a internnet connection. I tried to achieve this by sharing my EVDO connection. Here is where the problem crops in. While sharing it says Error 799 and says that it requires a static ip 192.168.0.1 to configure ICS and that some other device is currently using the same ip. But no other device is using that ip in my network. Not also the router is using that ip. However when I disable the router connection and try to enable ICS it does it without a glitch. What can u say abt it?? I would also like to take suggestions on using my evdo card for my wireless network with the same old router. Also if possible suggest some software for sharing internet that does not hv any relation with the ip address 192.168.0.1 if there exists any.

Thanks in Advance

Reply soon

Reply to
coolBuddy
Loading thread data ...

One of the several ways I connect to the internet with a cellular device is tethering my laptop to my cellphone and have the "dial-up" connection set for ICS sharing. Of course that will force my laptop IP addy to

But before I do that, I set my Linksys WRT54G wireless router's IP addy from the default 192.168.1.1 to 192.168.0.2 (TWO).

Reply to
DTC

Not free, but works and is easy... Kyocera Kr1 router

formatting link
the evdo card, and you just plug the output from the kr1 to the lan plugs on the dlink (not the wan).

As for the ics problem, some (but not all) cards/software disable (screw up) sharing/network/ICS connections (so you can't share a connection)....The external kyo router solves that prob...

basic idea was to have the wireless network stand on it's own (ie didn't have to change the netwok itself), and let me plug in any connection to it (dsl/cable/sat/cellular/dialup/etc)

Reply to
Peter Pan

Not free, but third the price of the Kyrocera is the DLink DIR-450 for CDMA PCMIA cards (not Express Cards) and USB aircards (DIR-451 for GSM), with four LAN ports and wireless. $98 or so.

Reply to
DTC

No clue where you got one at, nor why you give a totally different price that many other sites show, but pricegrabber's lowest price from 36 sellers is $149.95

formatting link
and the kyocera $149.00 - and since every penny counts, it's actually 95 pennies CHEAPER!
formatting link

Reply to
Peter Pan

I stand corrected.

I looked up what I paid for the DLink and it was $169. The price for the Kyrocera was an old one from year before last. Prices must have come alot.

Reply to
DTC

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.