Dynamic IP stopped working [?]

I have wireless "b" network with LinkSys router BEFW11S4 (v.3). One of the Windows XP laptops is wired to LinkSys bridge WET11 (v.2). For some reason this laptop fails to get an IP from the router though it did it OK for quite some time. Desktop that has a wireless card still renews its IP from the router w/o any problem.

I was on the phone with LinkSys Tech Support, reset and reconfigured WET11, but the only way we were able to force the laptop to ping the router is by setting a static IP and gateway.

I take this laptop to the office and login to the network there. When I login to the tree it sets up my profile. Usually when I bring it home it resets itself for my wireless router. The last time it just did not happen.

Any suggestions?

TIA, Eugene

Reply to
Eugene F.
Loading thread data ...
[Sorry for the re-post but may be it will get some responses this time]

I have wireless "b" network with LinkSys router BEFW11S4 (v.3). One of the Windows XP laptops is wired to LinkSys bridge WET11 (v.2). For some

reason this laptop fails to get an IP from the router though it did it OK for quite some time. Desktop that has a wireless card still renews its IP from the router w/o any problem.

I was on the phone with LinkSys Tech Support, reset and reconfigured WET11, but the only way we were able to force the laptop to ping the router is by setting a static IP and gateway.

I take this laptop to the office and login to the network there. When I

login to the tree it sets up my profile. Usually when I bring it home it resets itself for my wireless router. The last time it just did not

happen.

Any suggestions?

TIA, Eugene

Reply to
Eugene F.

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.