does not know wifi key

i have just got orange broadband set it up for wired internet which works fine but for wifi it does not reconise the key i have put it in lots of time's and still does not work please help

------------------------------------------------------------------------ View this thread:

formatting link

Reply to
kiillerkilley
Loading thread data ...

"kiillerkilley" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@no-mx.wirelessforums.org...

(Makes a mental note of "wirelessforums.org", which must be the latest web forum to link to NG's)

Hi,

Well, before you get torn apart on here for not providing information on exactly what hardware you are using, I'll throw something quick out for ya.

I don't know why your key isn't working. (BTW: Is this a WEP or WPA-PSK key you are using? If you hardware supports WPA-PSK, use it. WEP isn't secure these days.)

First, make sure your hardware works properly without encryption. Look on the back of your wireless router (or AP) and see if there is a small hole. Get a sewing pin and press and hold the button in there for a few seconds. This will reset the device to factory default.

Once you get a solid and stable connection with the factory defaults, then start introducing new variables (change your SSID, setup encryption, and also setup a password for the device.)

Reply to
Eric

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.