Cable Modem to belkin router with Wag54g connected to that!

Ok so here's the rub.... I've moved over to a cable network (don't ask why!)

I used to have a wag54g attached to dsl piece of cake.

now

I have the cable modem attached to a belkin (192.168.2.1) and the wag54g is used as a wireless access point. This is all ticking along nicely until I needed to find a way of accessing the wag54g's admin console (192.168.1.1). Since the belkin appears to be providing the IP addresses for all the devices attached to the network... how can I get to the wag54g console..... It's very frustrating.

Please post even if this doesn't make any sense!

(I've disconnected the wag54g from the belkin and tried to use a wireless PC to connect to the console in the hope that it'd create some sort of LAN situation...no luck!)

Reply to
eadwint
Loading thread data ...

You just need to know which IP address the access point has been given by the belkin and then log into it using that IP instead of the one you used to. Can you log into the config page in the belkin and see which devices are connected and what their dhcp leases are? I know that my dlink admin page has a tab that allows this. If so, just find your Acess point and jot down the ip address.

Or to make things simpler. Give the dhcp host /lan side/ in your router a static ip of 192.168.1.254 and the access point a static of

192.168.1.1 and let the rest of your lan get their ips from the dhcp in the router. Then your config page will be where it once was and life will be good again.

Ryan

Reply to
Ryan Case

Access the Belkin router, DCHP client table. The access point IP address and MAC address should be visible. Then you can set the wag up with a static IP address to assue your continued access to it.

Q
Reply to
Quaoar

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.