Belkin PreN Notebook Network card problem

I have a Gateway 7426GX latop with WinXP Home with all updates. I have a Belkin PRE N WAP and it works great and it also has the latest drivers installed.. The built in G wireless in the laptop works perfectly for several days in a row if I leave the computer on.. When I bought the Belkin I also bought a matching Belkin Wireless notebook card. I have the F5D8010 ver 1002 notebook card with the latest drivers installed on the notebook. The notebook card has had a problem from day 1 and that is that the card fails after about 4 hours of working. the card works great and then it locks up and stops transferring data...the laptop is fine but the card fails. I pull the card out and pop it back in and it works for another couple of hours and then it fails again and this will go on all day long. i dont think it is heat as i have pulled it out and felt it but it doesnt feel hot.

Has anyone else had issues with this wirless card?

Thanks Joe in San Mateo

Reply to
joewo
Loading thread data ...

Apparently the people at Belkin have had issues with this version of this card before. They are shipping me a replacement ASAP.

Reply to
joewo

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.