Remote PC to small lan ?

I'm looking a different possibilities to connect a remote XP Pro laptop (on broadband) to an office 4 PC peer to peer lan.

Is a Linksys, Netgear, or Sonicwall VPN router along with client VPN software the best way to go?

Does the XP Pro IPSec client software work or should I investigate something like Linksys BEFVP41 coupled with Linksys QuickVPN client software?

Just looking for suggestions for limited access to an small office network.

Reply to
User
Loading thread data ...

I would thing the last one sounds better. It sounds like the tunnel would be established to the LinkSys. Then connectivity to the remote workstation could be established inside the VPN tunnel. This would allow more flexibility with the remote side.

AV

------------------------------------- User wrote:

##-----------------------------------------------## Delivered via

formatting link
access to your favorite newsgroup - comp.dcom.vpn - 1153 messages and counting! ##-----------------------------------------------##

Reply to
avcomdesign

I would suggest using ViPNet VPN software, not hardware.

formatting link
you can set it up really in few minutes, good price (from $189) and ViPNet is selling a vpn clients/servers, not the number of tunnels, which make it much cheaper. In addition, you can always try it for free for 45 days!. If do not like it - just remove it anytime.

BR

Reply to
Norvik

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.