Problem with Comcast Cable modem and VPN

I have used a company provide Comcast cable modem and a Belkin router ( model F5D5231-4 ) for tele-commuting for the last 3-4 years. Recently, the VPN has stopped working if I am connected to the cable modem through the router. The ONLY way I can get through to my company network is by connecting my computer directly to the cable modem. If I have the router between the cable modem and my laptop, I can get on to the internet, but the VPN does not work.

Comcast says as long as I can get on to the internet, they can not help me resolve this. My company says as long as VPN works directly through the cable modem, they are not 'required to' solve my issue. Meanwhile I can only have one computer connected to the internet at a time and the VOIP phone is dead while I am telecommuting.

Can some one please help? The desk side support folks have already made sure my VPN client is uptodate.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

TIA

Medha

Reply to
shonoo
Loading thread data ...

hmm, have they changed the type of vpn connection you are using ? I'd check if there is a newer firmware version for your router on the Belking web site as well. simon

Reply to
Simon

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.