SOHO router for Cable Modem Internet

You may wish to investigate the Cisco 1700 Series Solution Design Tool:

formatting link
Sincerely,

Brad Reese BradReese.Com Cisco Repair Service Experts

formatting link
Hendersonville Road, Suite 17 Asheville, North Carolina USA 28803 U.S. Toll Free: 877-549-2680 International: 828-277-7272

Reply to
www.BradReese.Com
Loading thread data ...

I used the Cisco 1710 while telecommuting for my previous company. I no longer have that router, and I need a replacement. Is the 1710 the best (i.e., most affordable while supporting VPN and QoS) for cable modem? I tried using the Cisco Product Advisor, but I see not option for cable modem access. As for the WAN interface issue, is cable modem specific, in that the router specifically has to support cable modem connectivity, as opposed to DSL?

Thank you,

jm

Reply to
JM

You don't need anything specific for cable modems. Just a ethernet port. For general home use, the off the shelf items work great - linksys, belkin, netgear, etc... If you are looking for Cisco specifically or need the VPN and QOS, look at the SOHO routers, such as the 83x series - you don't need a

17xx series router for home use.

Hope that helps.

Jim

Reply to
Scooby

very much, thank you.

jm

Reply to
JM

good link, thank you.

jm

Reply to
JM

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.