Error / reason 442 in Cisco VPN Client under Windows Vista

Hi there,

i'm new to this newsgroup, but i really cant stand this anymore: i have a Cisco VPN Client (the newest version: 5.0.02.0090) installed under Windows Vista Business. I use it to connect to my university network which is the only way for me to access the internet.

The problem is that every 3 hours, the VPN gateway kicks me out of the network (many campus networks do that). Which is in itself not a big problem ... but error 442 makes this a terribly annoying thing.

Usually when my computer boots up, the connection works flawlessly. But from the time on i get first kicked out of the network and i have to reconnect, it's basically pure luck if i'm able to reconnect to the server. Sometimes i have to wait more than 10 minutes until error 442 forgets that it still exists and the gateway lets me in again.

Does ANY of you have ANY tips for me what i can do to finally be able to solve this problem? I have tried almost everything that i can find, but so far no solution has worked RELIABLY for me.

I'm also open to using new VPN clients, but usually the problem with that is that i cannot get them to connect to the VPN gateway (which is obviously a Cisco Concentrator) because i do not have the correct configuration settings. Configuration with the Cisco client is very easy and straightforward, unfortunately that is not the case for most other VPN clients that i have tried out.

Any you wanna know what the solution of the IT department of my university is to that problem? "We are sorry, but we wont provide any other VPN clients, please use Windows XP instead."

That is a joke, seriously ...

I'd really appreciate if anyone could help me :-)

Thanks a lot in advance, InsaNito

Reply to
se-ro
Loading thread data ...

Have you tried the troubleshooting tips in the release notes?

formatting link

-Gary

Reply to
Gary

notes?

formatting link

In fact, i've tried out everything so far and nothing had worked, but i've finally found a solution: the new Cisco beta client v.

5.0.03.0300. Fixes the error 442, so the connection works perfectly for me so far, just have some minor problems with it, but all in all i'm satisfied :-)
Reply to
se-ro

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.