VPN Client ver 4.7.00.0533 Error lookup tool

Hi NG,

i'm looking for an error lookup tool für the Cisco VPN Windows XP/2000 Client version 4.7.00.0533. I found following:

formatting link
but its not exaclty what im looking for, i got the problem that the service of the Client does not start. I can even try to start it manualy and it will give me following error: the service "Cisco Systems, Inc. VPN Service" on local computer could not be started Error 1053! has some one experienced this already? I learnd that the vpn client installation is somehow tricky, since i had already 2 systems booting up afterwards with bluescreens!! :-( Thankya Colin

Reply to
colin
Loading thread data ...

formatting link

This is a Windows error code, you can find it at

formatting link
In your case, error code 1053 means: "The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.". This can sometimes mean that the service runs fine but took too long initializing. Usually however, it signals a problem with the service being unable to initialize/startup. You can have a look at the event log (or perhaps some application log) to see if there's any additional information.

Ton

Reply to
Ton Plooy

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.