VPN client on vista

Hi,

I am currently trying to install the latest vpn client from cisco on vista (R 5.0.00.0090-k9-beta), but I get an error during install of the deterministic network enhancer: InstallDNE Error: Dneinst execution error while installing DNE, returncode -2146500093

The installer hereafter does a roll back on the installation.

I am not using the MSI installer. I run as Administrator. I also tried R

4.8.02.0010-k9 with same problem.

Any ideas ?

Best regards

Brian

Reply to
Brian Johansen
Loading thread data ...

Hi Brian,

I=B4m currently working with the versi=F3n 4.8.02.0010 (installed from the msi). And work perfectly. During the installation i run it as Administrator but when it=B4s installed i use it as a normal user and works ok.

I hope this can hep you. Best Regards Luis

Reply to
Lordscort

Thanks Luis,

How did you elevate the MSI installer ? If I right click the file, I am only able to choose install. If I run the installshield version I can choose Runas Administrator.

But both still shows the same error message ?

best regards

Brian

Hi Brian,

I´m currently working with the versión 4.8.02.0010 (installed from the msi). And work perfectly. During the installation i run it as Administrator but when it´s installed i use it as a normal user and works ok.

Reply to
Brian Johansen

I'd also found that once this is installed you cannot start the Statefull Firewall from within the IPSec client. V5.0 is in beta if you are able to access this from CCO

Steve

Hi Brian,

I´m currently working with the versión 4.8.02.0010 (installed from the msi). And work perfectly. During the installation i run it as Administrator but when it´s installed i use it as a normal user and works ok.

Reply to
Steve Ray

I tried to enable the local Administrator account, and login as such. Now the MSI installation succeeds ! The installation then wants to reboot, I chose not to reboot and was able to start the vpn client and connect succesfully. But after rebooting, vista automatically removes all start menu cisco entries. The installation folder still exist, but the vpn executable is not to be found.

Why ? is vista uninstalling the application ?

regards

Brian

Reply to
Brian Johansen

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.