Windows VPN server; multiple clients behind firewall question

Hi all, not sure if this is the place to ask this question, but I haven't had much luck finding an answer to my question, so here goes:

I am connecting to a Windows-based VPN server on the internet from computers in my corporate LAN (behind a Linux firewall or Cisco PIX). The problem is, once a specific PC on the LAN has connected to and disconnected from the VPN, no other computers on the LAN are able to connect to the VPN, but the original machine can reconnect without any problems. Other machines hang at the "Verifying username and password" stage of the login to the VPN.

Eventually, either after a certain amount of time has passed, or the first pc reboots, or some combination of both, other PC's can connect again, but once any of them connects and disconnects, the same problem occurs, where we have to wait before another PC can get access.

Has anyone seen this before, and is there a solution? If I had to guess I'd say that the server is associating something about the PC that makes the first connection with our public IP address, and doesn't allow any other PCs to connect until the server "forgets" about the first machine.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Reply to
JM
Loading thread data ...

Im experiencing some of the same problems, an solution or some info, would be very nice to get, if someone has an answer to this.

BR Claus

Reply to
No Name

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.