Vonage quality

I just switch to vonage. when a person calls you using a vonage account, how is the sound quality? can they tell the difference from a regualr phone line.

Reply to
sergio Fernandez
Loading thread data ...

When I first signed up for Vonage in early 2004 the quality was quite good, close to a landline. Then it deteriorated to the point that by early this year more often than not I was utterly unable to understand the other party.

Multiple attempts to contact Vonage by e-mail and phone were unsuccessful so I ended up dumping them and switching to Lingo whose service has been reasonably good.

My connection is a T1 that is not particularly heavily loaded, so I don't think the problem was at this end.

Reply to
John R. Levine

N o one we have called has ever remarked on it!

Reply to
avoidspam

just a bit concered... just signed up, and when I called to set up my voice message until the unit arrives. the qulity of the recording did sound bad, but i will wait until the unit gets here.

I was trying sunrocket, and the quality of the conversation was great, the only problem was they took for ever to get incoming calls active.

so, I'm trying vonage.... but, from the recording of my voice message... the quality of teh play back did seem pretty bad.

I hope the quality is as good as sunrocket once I get the unit.

Reply to
sergio Fernandez

actually I set the forward feature, and had someone call me, and its ounded pretty good. I think sunrocket may have sounded just a bit better, but the quality is good.

unsuccessful

Reply to
sergio Fernandez

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.