VOIP for CANADIAN with DID's

I recently been using Babytel.ca great provider works great but I need to call area codes that they charge $0.04 a min. I can not call outside of say toronto and surrounding area like markem or ajax . (normaly would be a local call if you have a POTS (normal line phone) with a area code of 416. I can live with this for now. but when you see american VOIP providers offering unlimited across north america and beyond and asterisk friendly with like tons of features like busy forwarding you really wounder.

Recently I tryed to join broadvoice. They are a well respected compan. seem to have nice reviews. Since I have my own equipment and they welcome it not limit me I emailed support.

Apparently I can get the service but i am in able to get a Canadian DID (Direct inbound Dial) phone number. They have not expanded this far yet. they even do not do toll free calls.

So Thats fine but they also do not accept canadian creidit cards... (ugh)

So my next hope is to get a american credit card (can I do this?!

now the toll free part thats no biggie , freeworld dial you can go get a freenumber and dial *1800 whatever and it works. Thats so cool

I highly recommend everyone to publicly display there Free world Dial numbers and to add them to there PBX as incoming and outgoing lines cause its your way of saying screw the monopolies and embrace open source.

m.

Reply to
m
Loading thread data ...

so no one knows of a VOIP provider that has a 416 or tronto DID and has busy forwarding.. with unlimited incoming calls?

Come > I recently been using Babytel.ca great provider works great but I need

Reply to
m

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.