Canadian options (BC specifically)?

Hi,

I have some questions:

1. Can I sign up with Broadvox even thought I'm in Canada?

1. If I choose a 250 number, can I call the Okanagan as a local call or is Victoria 250 only considered "local"?

2. A guess if number xferring will be available in the near future up here?

1. Does any one provider stand out over the others (Vonage.ca, Comwave, Broadvox...)

2. Does a 604 # allow me to call Abbotsford/Mission...toll free?

1. My situation is that I pay Cdn/month to Telus for my residential line & I hardly make any LD calls. I can't stand that I pay so much for a basic line and I like the idea of telling Telus to stuff their service.

Reply to
solo29
Loading thread data ...

Reply to
Mark

Why couldn't you?

Awhile ago I found a notice about Canadian usage at one of the VoIP providers I found in this list.

formatting link
'm not finding it now but it was something to the effect of "Don't use our service for calling Canada from Canada because there's a special tax that's supposed to be paid for that. But we can't tell if you do it."

LiveVoIP has a physical presence in Canada.

--kyler

Reply to
Kyler Laird

ok I am a fellow canadian not from BC but in a major city in ontario...

and well broadvoice did call me back after a few emails and finnaly spent the LD to call them .

You can use them thats no big issue they are cool with that. Heck they are even asterisk friendly. the unlimited part is what they say exactly. heck they are a hell of a company they got kick ass reviews from where ever I look. but there are catches

One you can't dial any toll free numbers on there services. not canadian not american nothing. you have to have a american creidit card from a american bank. they say must be issued by a american bank finnaly you can not get a DID in canada they do not offer one. I am trying as much as I can to find a unlimited (simular service they offer anyware I can. soon as I find one I will post it.

snipped-for-privacy@shaw.ca wrote:

Reply to
m

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.