Streaming "in and out"

My Internet Radio streaming goes in and out, keeps buffering every few seconds. I have 2mb ADSL and have used other programmes to stream to no avail. I have disable my McAfee anti-virus also to no avail, what could be wrong and what can I do please?

Reply to
Derrick Fawsitt
Loading thread data ...

Try a different streaming audio server? Make sure you're not using up your connection with torrents and things as well.

Reply to
Paul

In message , Paul writes

Hi Paul. Can you explain "a different streaming server", do you mean different radio stations, I did that through Shoutcast or do you mean using Winamp rathere than Windows Media Player? Excuse my stupidity.

Reply to
Derrick Fawsitt

I'm focusing more on shoutcast here, simply because I find it better than windows media... Most of the large shoutcast stations have several servers you can choose from (in Winamp, try clicking on a few in the shoutcast directory and looking at your playlist), if you try different servers you should find one that you are able to connect to without problems. Try some lower bandwidth servers as well, they don't sound as nice but they should perform better. If many of the sites you visit seem slow you should probablly consider contacting your ISP, perhaps they're having issues. There are still other issues such as bad cables, incorrect network drivers, etc.

Good luck

-Paul

Reply to
Paul

In message , Paul writes

I have finally contacted McAfee and anyone else out there who may be having the same problem with McAfee Security Centre Version 6 might like to know the following.

The Privacy Service is/was the cause of my problem in that it interfered with Streaming Internet radio. This means that anyone out there who like live streaming radio should not use McAfee Security suite unless they do not install the Privacy Service when they are installing the McAfee Security Suite at the start. Unfortunately I have now disable the Privacy Service and reinstalled Winamp but I know when I reboot my PC later it will once again switch on the wretched Privacy Service. I have asked them to let me know how to stop Privacy Service from kicking in every time I start up my PC and would you believe it, they did not immediately know how to do it so they are going to email me later with detailed instructions as to how to do it. I am aware that I could UN-install the Suite and reinstall it without selecting the Privacy Service but since I was told that McAfee was only effective when loaded on a PC before most other programs I am loath to do that. Perhaps someone out there can tell me how to do it before McAfee comes back to me, if they ever do.

Reply to
Derrick Fawsitt

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.