really??

Sure, if you have a router and your ISP doesn't block it.

miguel

Reply to
Miguel Cruz
Loading thread data ...

dear all, i've a DSL line (active 24 hours), if i buy an IP-phone, can i call a friend from Paris to Japan? (i don't mean via computer, but with a PC switched off) thank you

Reply to
Robert

You can use an IP phone or an analog telephone adapter plugged into your router with the computer turned off or on. If you want to call him for free, you can both sign-up for a free service like Free World Dial Up (FWD). Your friend will have to have his computer on if he uses a softphone, or will have to have an IP phone or ATA and analog phone. If you want to call him over the internet to his plain old telephone, you will have to establish an account with a provider. The call will be much less expensive, but probably not free

Reply to
Vox Humana

Yes, then the easiest thing is probably for you and your friend to sign up for free numbers at FWD and configure your IP phones for that.

formatting link
miguel

Reply to
Miguel Cruz

Reply to
Robert

Hi Robert!

I'm actually using a VoiP system that allow me to talk without using my computer. The only thing you need is an ATA device, an internet connection (not lower than 256k) and an ordinary analog telephone. The company that is offering this is

formatting link

You can check this and then to decide if it will work for you. I can tell you that I'm so happy using it, I'm calling all around the globe without worring about my phone bill, the connection is great and I can use my ATA wherever I go!

Please check out this opportunity for complete details at:

formatting link
or E-mail me at snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com with any questions.

Best Wishes, Supreme Voip

Reply to
supreme voip

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.