OE crashes TA

Dear NG

I recently setup AT&T Callvantage using the TA (Linksys RT41P2-AT) supplied by AT&T.

The phone service it great!

However, most of the times but not all of the times, when I click on the "Synchronize Account" button in Outlook Express to download new headers for newsgroups the Linksys TA crashes.

All four of the LAN side indicator lights light up momentarily (I have only one LAN side connection) and the PHONE indicator light goes out.

After about 60 seconds, the PHONE indicator light comes back on and the handset gives a short ring to indicate that everything is back to normal.

After that, I can successfully "Synchronize" all newsgroups.

My setup is: Win XP Pro SP2 and two other Win 98 SE machines LAN D-Link DI-704 Linksys RT41P2-AT Cable Modem. All connections are static IP's except for the WAN side of the Linksys TA to the cable modem.

The XP machine is the only one that I use OE on. I don't use OE on the other machines.

Has anybody else experienced this problem?

I've tried disabling email virus scanning -- didn't work I've tried setting up the D-Link as a DMZ in the Linksys router -- didn't work either.

This is more of an annoyance than anything but if someone has a some suggestions for a solution I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,

Kevin

Reply to
Kevin
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.