Grandstream Sip phone - only 1 account per phone

Hello, If I understand well with a GrandStream Sip phone, one of the most knows, supported and economic, I can use only 1 sip account per phone, so if the Sip voip provider attach only 1 number per account I cannot use 2 or 3 numbers with an account with only 1 Sip phone Grandstream.

Correct.

Do you think that soon the Grandstream will do a new sip phone with this feature, I mean, more Sip accounts in one phone?

Why they don't do this feature, I think that a lot of people need it I really don't understand....

let me know if you know SIP phones that support multiple Sip accounts, in one phone.

thank you!

Boobie

Reply to
Boobie
Loading thread data ...

I think it's unlikely that a phone selling for less than $80 will ever do multiple accounts. The best solution is to use your own asterisk installation, which would give you an unlimited number of accounts and phones. Or you can join "Freeworld Dialup" (FWD) which has peering agreements with a lot of operators like sipgate, IconnectHere etc. FWD is free and adds voicemail and other services. They also operate a paid service called Libretel and sell hardware at a fair price (for shipping within the US).

Reply to
BlueRinse

But will a Grandsteam adapter work with Asterisk, or is a IAX adapter needed ?

Dave

Reply to
Dave

formatting link
's at $80/unit in large quantities already. I expect it to go lower.

Agreed...for some situations.

--kyler

Reply to
Kyler Laird

Asterisk *is* an IAX(2) adapter. All of the standalone devices I use with Asterisk use SIP. It's handled well.

--kyler

Reply to
Kyler Laird

"BlueRinse" ha scritto nel messaggio news: snipped-for-privacy@sneakemail.com...

Never talked about the price. I will be happy to spend 160$ for a Grandstream where I can use 2 or 3 sip accounts per each. This mean that if somebody call a 212 or 312 or 425 area code will ring ..

I have heard that SNOM do this, but I don't like the design of the phone,

bye

Reply to
Boobie

thank you! is this a phone for 2 lines I read? this mean that I can use 2 sip accounts of iconnecthere and get

2 area code working in the same time? So a 212 and a 312 .. correct?

boobie

Reply to
Boobie

Pulver sells you a single phone for $65 plus shipping.

As I said, there is always using someone else's asterisk, such as FWD.

Reply to
BlueRinse

Ah thanks for clearing that up for me, I was thinking I need a 'IAXy' adapter for Asterisk - but I can use a SIP Grandsteam !. So I can sign up with a SIP provider and in the future sign up with a IAX provider and use Asterisk and the Grandsteam SIP adapter

Dave...

Reply to
Dave

That's how I read it. You can get "4 lines" also.

I run everything through Asterisk so I have all sorts of "lines" coming to my phones. I'm not familiar with using multiple accounts on a single device and I don't have an SPA-841 but I've noticed some mention of multiple accounts in some Sipura text. (I have lots of other Sipura hardware. The SPA-2000 can easily handle different accounts for each line.)

--kyler

Reply to
Kyler Laird

Yeah, I wondered that too. I bought an IAXy. It worked amazingly poorly for me. Then I started buying Sipura (SIP) devices. Wow! Lots less expensive, *vastly* more features, and they're robust. They work beautifully with Asterisk.

Yup, no problem. Go with someone like LiveVoIP and you can get either SIP or IAX straight from them. My guess is that you'll be perfectly happy using SIP though.

--kyler

Reply to
Kyler Laird

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.