Grandstream ATA-hardware with several SIP-accounts?

Hello,

Since a while I'm using a Grandstream HT-286 SIP-adapter. It's working fine, but it has the limitation that it only can handle 1 SIP-account. I'm using several SIP-accounts by several registrars (including local phonenumbers in different countries), but unfortunately the Grandstream equipment can only handle 1 SIP account. For example, the AVM Fritz!Box Fon (

formatting link
can handle up to 10 different SIP accounts simultaneous. I know that there are services like SipSnip.de, which can 'bundle' SIP-accounts, but when the SipSnip server is down, all SIP-accounts are off-line. It's ofcourse more secure to configure the SIP-accounts in your own equipment. When one service went down, the others are working fine. I would like to ask Grandstream owners, to drop a line at snipped-for-privacy@grandstream.com and asking for adding this feature in the next firmware upgrade. Only if you need this feature ofcourse :-). It would be great if we could add +/- 5 SIP accounts to the Grandstream HT-286 / HT-486 hardware. Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Roger Vanderheijden

Reply to
Roger Vanderheyden
Loading thread data ...

...and, if you use my LCDial.sh script (written for a very inexpensive platform: OpenWRT), also do Least Cost Routing among providers plus ENUM lookup for free routes:

http://www.voip-> You could always find a spare machine and use asterisk.

Reply to
Enzo Michelangeli

You could always find a spare machine and use asterisk. It can register to limitless numbers of SIP accounts. Then you get PBX features as well :D

(

formatting link

this

Reply to
Paul

Dear Roger,

There is an advanced model of Grandstream that allows two phones to be connected simultaneously, but I wouldn't recommend it since it can affect the performance at this stage.

You can use it only if you're connected with fast internet and your internet traffic is not heavy.

You're welcome to visit my site and get know about MoVoIP too.

http://www.un> Hello,

(

formatting link

##-----------------------------------------------## Article posted with Cabling-Design.com Newsgroup Archive

formatting link
read and post WWW interface to your favorite newsgroup - de.comm.internet.telefonie,it.tlc.telefonia.voip,uk.telecom.voip,comp.dcom.voice-over-ip

- messages and counting! ##-----------------------------------------------##

Reply to
ubifone

The Fritz!Box Fon from AVM

formatting link
will do what you want, it can have up to 10 accounts registered at once. It has a built in modem, router and 2 analogue phone ports, plus a PSTN call-through port.

Ivor

Reply to
Ivor Jones

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.