multiple DID ( virtual Numbers ) sipura SPA-3000

Hello ! I would like to know that can I configure multiple virtual numbers ( DID numbers ) to single Sipura SPA-3000 and have them all work actively at the same time .

Reply to
SIP2PSTN
Loading thread data ...

One of the only crappy things about the SPA-3000 is that they only allow registration on one of the SIP accounts (or, possibly one per line for a total of two?). The other SIP accounts you put in there are going to be outbound only. Some workarounds to this, including running Asterisk or doing hacks like forwarding all the other SIP accounts to the one that you actually can register. None of them are as good as Sipura actually fixing this lameness in firmware and allowing registration on all of the SIP accounts. I don't know that there is any reason why they couldn't, other than they haven't done it, and who knows if/when they will (especially now that Cisco/Linksys took over).

Reply to
B.M. Wright

It's one per line for a total of two.

With Asterisk running on a $60 wireless access point, this becomes quite a viable solution. I like it much more than waiting for Sipura/Cisco/ Linksys to provide the functionality I want.

(I've got a bunch of SPA-3000s and a bunch of WRT-54GS routers...I'm looking forward to configuring them to work together.)

--kyler

Reply to
Kyler Laird

I wonder, might the SPA series be running linux too? I guess I don't even know how folks first discovered that the WRT-54 was running linux.

-wolfgang

Reply to
Wolfgang S. Rupprecht

Kyler: a while ago I opened a thread dedicated to Asterisk on OpenWRT at

formatting link
. Check it out. I run that configuration myself at home and I'm very happy with it (my initial goal was just to register my SPA-3000 on multiple SIP accounts, but then I got hooked :-) ).

See this post:

formatting link
Most of the following steps are chronicled by posts archived here:

formatting link
Enzo

Reply to
Enzo Michelangeli

Never tried, and actually as far as I know the support for H.323 in Asterisk is only partial (see e.g.

formatting link
).

What is the model of your Cisco router? Perhaps it can also speak MGCP or SCCP/Skinny, both of which have implementations ported to OpenWRT (although I personally never tested them).

Enzo

Reply to
Enzo Michelangeli

Just curious, this is pretty far off topic, but what the hell. Have you used H.323 at all under OpenWRT? I have a WRT54GS but just haven't bothered getting asterisk/sipath working (yes, I know sipath will not do H.323). I also have a Cisco router with FXS ports that doesn't speak SIP, only H.323. If H.323 works well under OpenWRT then this could be good enough motivation to spend a bit of time getting it going. :)

Reply to
B.M. Wright

B.M. Wright wrote: [...]

Possibly. But H.323 is dying, and I don't think much development will be spent on it.

At

formatting link
mentions that MGCP is supported on IOS 12.2, but with interoperability problems with Asterisk.

You may also want to check out

formatting link
it's said that "12.1(3)T and higher software images that support voice, the Cisco uBR924 router can use the MGCP protocol for routing voice call" and there are detailed configuration instructions.

Enzo

Reply to
Enzo Michelangeli

Hmm.. so chan_h323 is not capable of allowing an h.323 endpoint to register with it? It looks like oh323 does, maybe not available for OpenWRT though, or possibly to heavy weight to run on one.

Don't think so, but I know it does h.323. I'll have to go look for the most recent IOS that I will run on this and check for MGCP/SCCP support in that. It's an EOL UBR924 cable modem/router (which also has two FXS ports). Being EOL for quite some time limits the IOS/featureset that I can find for it.

Reply to
B.M. Wright

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.