4 numbers, 4 voice mail, on VOIP ??

Can something like this be done, cheaply. What would be the best way, is there a nice SIP phone that could handle something like this?

1. Ability to have 4 phone #'s come into a single phone.
  2. Have capability for the operator to know which phone number is ringing prior to picking up.
  3. Separate voice mail box for each #.

Thanks.

Reply to
Al Franz
Loading thread data ...

I don't know of any that offer four. However, SunRocket offers two that ring into the same phone. They can be assigned different area codes if need be.

Reply to
ukcats4218016

The Sipura 3000 ATA can be expanded to handle four lines. Voicemail is up to the VoIP service provider. Alternatively you need Asterisk software on Linux server with FXS / FXO phone ports. Regards, Martin

Reply to
Martin²

The Fritz!Box Fon from AVM

formatting link
has 2 phone ports but has capacity for up to 10 SIP accounts, you can tell it to ring any phone for any account, but I don't know of a way to tell which account is ringing if you have more than 3. I have a/c 1 ringing phone 1, a/c 2 ringing phone 2 and a/c 3 ringing them both together.

Ivor

Reply to
Ivor Jones

Sure.

Sipura SPA841 ip-phone can be upgraded to handle 4 lines (as standard 2) - or if you find one with old firmware if can easily be made to handle four without unlocking it ;-) - my two devices does it!

No problem

All my provideres provides the voicemail on the server. That way you don't have to think about loosing power etc on your phone.

IMHO a much better solution.

Reply to
Henning Wangerin

With asterisk and a provider like sixtel

formatting link
you can do it. They have tons of numbers to choose from including toll free. I use them myself, support is pretty good too.

Reply to
Paul

But Asterisk requires a PC to be on all the time, which a lot of people, myself included, don't want. I prefer a dedicated hardware box.

Ivor

Reply to
Ivor Jones

With the device you need a provider that runs software+hardware to support it, with asterisk you can maintain it yourself and not have to wait for someone else to do it. I don't see the problem with leaving a computer on 24/7, my asterisk machine never crashes or needs restarting, it runs on a server dedicated to asterisk.

Reply to
Paul

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.