Connecting IP phone to PC

Hello;

Is it possible to conect Ip phone with PC ower LAN (should I use crosswired cable or?) and what program to use in comunication from PC to phone?

I'm only interested in comunication with PC no other network.......

Reply to
mtech
Loading thread data ...

Yep, cross wired Ethernet cable if there is no switch and, or hub between IP-Phone and PC, on the PC you may use any compatible soft-phone; I prefer Yate-client

formatting link
it is open source, versatile and flexible.

Reply to
Balwinder S "bsd" Dheeman

I connect the phone to PC lan card and phone is not working......

Phone is Avaya 4610....

Ideas?

Reply to
mtech

Can you ping your Avaya phone from the PC? Can you ping your PC's ip.add.re.ss from your PC itself? Have you assigned an ip.add.re.ss to your PC and another to your Avaya?

Reply to
Balwinder S "bsd" Dheeman

NO, I can't do anything because phone is not working (like not powered) far I know this phone powering thrue PoE (power ower ethernet) so can it be powered thrue PC lan card....maybee this is problem?

Or cable is problem......all I know it say's is crosswired (printed on calble) now i gonna get new one and mke it homebrew.....

Reply to
mtech

Maybe Did you RTFM?

My Aastra IP phone sits on my network and works just fine...oh, wait I plugged it into a PoE switch. Geeze. Who could have guessed?

Carl Navarro

Reply to
Carl Navarro

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.