can I connect 2 grandstream for save wire?

Please with the 2 ports of the grandstream 102, can I use the PC port for connect another Grandstream and so save the use of another cable-wire long mts.. or I can only use it for a PC use?

thanks

Reply to
Vipi
Loading thread data ...

Well, Yes, But... The other port is a normal ethernet port, so yes you could connect another Grandstream to it. However, I would guess the router in the first Grandsteam have no idea there is another phone attached to it, so it probably won't ring the second phone, but quite possibly you might be able to make calls from it. It all rather depends on the software / firmware in the Grandstream. Regards, Martin

Reply to
Martin²

A hub is not a switch or router, but a router may contain a switch.

Reply to
Pepperoni

I believe there's just a simple ethernet hub inside the switch. Your idea should work fine, you could probablly even chain several phones together. Give it a try

-Paul

Reply to
Paul

I think I was a little out of it when I wrote that. I meant: "I believe there's a simple ethernet hub inside the phone"

Oops :P

Reply to
Paul

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.