TVA-50 Voicemail question (concerning LAN card e-mail capabilities)

We had our installer put in the TVA-50 lan card so we could have our voicemail's email to us. One of our users has a need to have the voicemails emailed ONLY and not saved in his voicemail box. Is this an option? Our installer says no, but I believe it may well be. Not having any TVA-50 experience I'm asking here to see if any one else knows.

To be clear, the user wants any voicemails that go into his mailbox to be emailed to him (this works now), but then NOT SAVED in his mailbox. He's so used to getting everything in his e-mail that's what he'd like to have for his voicemail. He's not often in the office so clearing out voicemail would be a PITA for him.

Thanks,

Roveer

Reply to
Roveer
Loading thread data ...

Wow, it can be done, BUT you are taking a horrible chance.

You can do it in two ways.

1. Change his class of service to retain new messages for a shorter time period, like one or 2 days. It can delete new messages in 1-30 days. Since he never will have heard them, you can still send them out via e-mail, and then they will auto delete after x number of days.

1. Auto forward them into another mailbox after 5 minutes. His box remaiins empty, but you still keep those messages in another box for backup. You can still retain them for a 1-30 day period or forever.

Make sure he upgrades the software and you can record conversations as NEW messages when you modify the record messages flag. Now with the LAN card, a conversation gets emailed at the end of the call :-)

Carl

Reply to
Carl Navarro

Carl,

Thanks a million. I think option 2 is a better approach as the messages will be retained in case something goes wrong. I just wish my installer had this insight. All I got from him is "can't be done". I knew better.

Roveer

Reply to
Roveer

Tell him next time to RTFM. THere is no such answer as "CAN'T".

If he's going to install Panasonic, he ought to at least understand it. Why do you suppose they make a COS option?

Carl

Reply to
Carl Navarro

You said it well. I had a distinct feeling that they weren't keeping up on their knowledge. That's why I posted here. Your answers have already told me that the Panasonic products are good products, but you need a good installer to take advantage of the system. I think I've already put them on the spot by providing Yes responses to their No answers..

Roveer

Reply to
Roveer

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.