Toshiba Perfect Voice Tis16

I am a consultant, I've not been certified on this voice mail so pleae don't thrash me about that. I have what I think "should" be a simple problem for someone to help with. I am very green to voice mail systems in general, but would like to offer this as a service to the handful of customers that I support if they so choose, and if I can solve this problem.

I installed the card and programmed exactly as it was written in the manual. The auto attendant answers, gives the proper greeting, but then when an extension is dialed, the attendant never transfers the call. It just rings back to the whattodo's. If I call in to one of the lines not being answered by the attendant, transfer manually to an extension, it rings, if no answer, transfers to voice mail. The message light does not light up though which is a separate issue. Everything else seems to function correctly, but I have to get the attendant transferring to extension before I can do a final cutover.

Thanks in advance for the help, Danny

Reply to
Dblood
Loading thread data ...

I'm not familiar with this particular VM, but the first thing I would check is that the extension field for each VMB is programmed properly

Reply to
Rich Piehl

I am confused. What Toshiba voice mail platform do you have? These issues sounds like they are party on the phone system side as well. What kind of phone system is it connected to? We are an authorized Toshiba dealer

Reply to
Giganews

Steve and Rich,

Thanks for the replies. First, I too believe that there may be something in the phone system programming that is either errant or missing. As I mentioned, this is my first attempt to program a phone system with voice mail. The phone system is a Toshiba DK280 with RCTUA-3, 2 PDKU's, 12 CO's, Perfect Voice Tis16, and QIOU2. All in a single cabinet, of course. I've been through every bit of programming that I could find for an RSTU, and followed the furnished programming instructions to the letter. I believe that the mailboxes are programmed properly as I was able to access them through SCREENS. A sample call may go like this: (Auto attendant) Welcome to [Company Name], if you know your party's extenstion... (User) dials extension (Auto attendant) Transferring to [User Name] (in their own voice) .... 6 sec pause ... (Auto attendant) Welcome to [Company Name], if you know your party's extenstion...

It seems that the voice mail ports are not equipped to transfer, but I find no programming that enables this.

Thanks for the help, Danny

Reply to
Dblood

Again, I'm not at all familiar with this VM, but is there a hookflash timer adjustment? Perhaps the timer is set too short and the system is not seeing it as a proper hookflash.

One other thought...on the DK 280's I've worked on there has to be a DTMF receiver card daugtherboard on the processor for voicemails to work, and the system has to be told the daughterboard is present in program 03.

Take care, Rich

God bless the USA

Reply to
Rich Piehl

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.