Telrad 400 HONS ? ONS SLT port dead

We don't repair the cards at the component level - we just ship 'em off for repair. But I am familiar with Telrad so I'll ask a couple of questions.

So you get the same the results if you move the card to a different slot (if you have the space to do that)?

And have you tried moving that extension to a different voice path?

Take care, Rich

God bless the USA

Reply to
Rich Piehl
Loading thread data ...

On a telrad Digital 400 system I have a HONS SLT card and a ONS SLT CARD. On both cards port one is bad. The port will allow the phone connected to ring but it acts like there is no battery, it will not give dial tone and if it does only for a second or two.

My guess is that there is a blown component on the card and wondered if anyone could point me to that component before I spring for a new card or send out for repair.

Thanks Stu

Reply to
Stu

Rich Piehl wrote in news:S9V9f.7990$ snipped-for-privacy@fe04.lga:

The problem moves with the card. In the old telrad 24/64 system the slt cards had 1 ohm resistros that wouuld blow killing the port. I'm guessing it is something similar but have not found it yet. The port has no battery on it. Stu

Reply to
Stu

It has no battery, yet if you call it you get ring voltage? Hmmmm.... Got me stumped.

Take care, Rich

God bless the USA

Reply to
Rich Piehl

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.