inefficient phone

hello all,

My caller ID phone LCD blanks out when the phone recieves a call,i.e. right when I need it most to determine if i want to take the call or not.Off hook the LCD text is sharp.

through pulling out the phone jack i determined that the LCD & LED are powered from the 4 AAA batteries whilst the ringer & speaker is powered by the phone line.

elsewhere on this group I read that on hook the phone can only take limited power from the line to operate itself, whilst off hook it can take a lot more power.

any ideas what i can do ?turning off the ringer made no difference. i tried putting a switch in line with the batteries so i can enable them only when I go to read the caller ID number but the phone' s "brain" needs to have been booted with the help of the batteries prior to the initiation of the call.

any suggestions appreciated (even if to implement them i need to spend more than the phone is worth).

Sam

Reply to
Sam
Loading thread data ...

I'm not sure I completely understand what you're asking for, but..

Keep in mind that caller ID information is transmitted between the first and second rings, so it sounds like your phone may be behaving exactly as it should, i.e.:

- Display has info from last call (or time or whatever)

- First ring comes in, display blanks so that you don't see the old info; phone rings once.

- Caller ID info is transmitted by the telephone company and received by the phone

- Second ring comes in and the caller ID information is displayed

Lincoln

Reply to
Lincoln J. King-Cliby

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.