display forwarding phone # in Caller ID when multiringing - Can any voip service do this?

I am curious if any voip service such as vonage, packet8, broadvoice, etc can do the following:

When forwarding a call to another phone(i.e cell phone), display in the caller id of the other phone something that indicates it is a forwarded call.

I would like to distinguish incoming calls on the cell phone. Is the caller calling my cell direct or calling my voip line?

Any ideas?

Thx

John M

Reply to
John Munsey Jr
Loading thread data ...

My experience has been that VoicePulse Connect! and Gafachi (both IAX based) allow setting the CallerID info while BroadVoice (SIP) does not. It's a very handy feature. I would be very reluctant to use outgoing service without it.

I have been handling the call routing through Asterisk. I don't know how it works if you use the forwarding that they provide.

--kyler

Reply to
Kyler Laird

Whoa you are over my head dude. I will look it up but I dunon what IAX and SIP are, tough I have heard of them. Also Asterisk is unfamiliar too. I am techie enought o learn that stuff but I am not really that interested at the moment. I would just like a service that allows me to display something on my incoming calls that let's me know which line the people called.

If my only option is to do something you described above then that is fine I will learn if I need to. Any guidance as to how to make this happen?

Should I order voicepulse?

Reply to
John Munsey Jr

I have ATT CallVantage which has an online call log which shows what calls were forwarded to another number. It also has Locate Me service which calls the VoIP number first and then a preselected number or numbers in succession if there is no answer. I also can choose that only specific incoming numbers get diverted to my cellular phone.

Reply to
Earl F. Parrish

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.