followup on cell2tel Bluetooth RJ11 gateway

I sent it back for repair/replacement. They decided it was not repairable and sent another. The new one does ring the phone (once) much as the old one did (at one time) but then it crashes just like the old one. I suspect that if I keep ringing the phone whatever failed completely on the old one will fail on the new one. I guess people don't even test with mechanical ringers anymore...

Dan Lanciani ddl@danlan.*com

Reply to
Dan Lanciani
Loading thread data ...

You might be able to adjust the ringer to accept a lower ring voltage. Check out this link

formatting link
and scroll down until you see "Adjusting an old 2500 set ringer to ring on lower voltages..." It all depends on if your ringer actually has the Bias spring adjustment. Cheap clone ringers usually don't have it.

Mike Sandman's web site has quite a few devices available that can amplify the ring voltage if it is absolutely needed.

Reply to
GlowingBlueMist

Like a 1A2 Shoebox KSU - it senses ring voltage and generates it's own locally to run the tel set and external ringers. The only limit is how many ringers the 130VAC 20Hz supply in the KSU can drive, and they do make BIG supplies for big premises.

Anyone know the REN for the input on a Western Electric 400G card?

-->--

Reply to
Bruce L. Bergman

In article , snipped-for-privacy@nowhere.com (GlowingBlueMist) writes: | Dan Lanciani wrote: | > I sent it back for repair/replacement. They decided it was not | > repairable and sent another. The new one does ring the phone (once) | > much as the old one did (at one time) but then it crashes just like | > the old one. I suspect that if I keep ringing the phone whatever | > failed completely on the old one will fail on the new one. I guess | > people don't even test with mechanical ringers anymore... | >

| > Dan Lanciani | > ddl@danlan.*com | | You might be able to adjust the ringer to accept a lower ring voltage.

The current device is making the phone ring but it is crashing thereafter. The sequence is that I hear a relay click in the Cell2Tel, the phone rings once, I hear another relay click in the Cell2Tell, and then the Cell2Tel reboots. It's possible that the residual charge on the ringer's capacitor is too much for whatever the line is switched back too after the ring generator. It's clearly a pretty poor design.

Dan Lanciani ddl@danlan.*com

Reply to
Dan Lanciani

I've got two shoeboxes (a 550 and a 550C, with the plastic lift off cover rather than a hinged door) and none of the 400-type cards installed specify an REN. And none of the 1A2 BSP handbooks I've got reveal that number, either. Maybe 400 cards got invented before REN was thought up and WE never went back to compute or measure that particular characteristic?

Al

Reply to
Al Gillis

A few weeks ago I connected an original 500 set from 1951 to an FXS port hosted by an 'Internet Phone Jack (IXJ)' card in my asterisk box; it rang it with gusto. I may try various Command Communications line sharing boxes too, with increasing ringer loads, until they fail since, oddly, the documentation that I have is silent regarding ringing capacity. I seem to remember some sizable magnetics in these boxes, but don't remember what is on the IXJ card; wouldn't a tuned primary of a step up transformer in the circuit of a gated oscillator be an adequate ring generator? The insides of the few VoIP ATAs that I have inspected don't have much iron on the PCB ;)

Michael

Reply to
msg

HOW DID THE SPREAD OF ISLAM AFFECT THE WORLD? Please forgive us for any disturbance, but we have an important subject to address to you regarding FAITH, and we Don=92t intend to overload your email with unnecessary messages=85

HOW DID THE SPREAD OF ISLAM AFFECT THE WORLD?

Among the reasons for the rapid and peaceful spread of Islam was the simplicity of its doctrine - Islam calls for faith in only one God worthy of worship. It also repeatedly instructs people to use their powers of intelligence and observation. Within a few years, great civilizations and universities were flourishing, for according to the Prophet, "seeking knowledge is an obligation for every Muslim."

The synthesis of Eastern and Western ideas and of new thought with old, brought about great advances in medicine, mathematics, physics, astronomy, geography, architecture, art, literature, and history. Many crucial systems such as algebra, the Arabic numerals, and also the concept of the zero vital to the advancement of mathematics, were transmitted to medieval Europe from Islam. Sophisticated instruments which were to make possible the European voyages of discovery were developed, including the astrolabe, the quadrant and good navigational maps

=97=97=97=97=97=97=97=97=97=97=97

For more information about Islam

formatting link
formatting link
formatting link
formatting link
formatting link
formatting link
formatting link
formatting link
Contact Us At

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com

Reply to
iman islam

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.