RJ11 plug strip (Telecom)

Thanks for replies to my overblown earlier question, and I realize now that what I want is an RJ11 plug strip (or 5 of them) -- in other words, something that looks and functions exactly like a 110 V plug strip, except that the cord on one end has an RJ11 connector on it instead of 110 V plug on it, and the 4 or 6 or 8 110 V receptacles along its length are replaced by 4 or 6 or 8 RJ11 female jacks, all wired in parallel.

Except, looks like *nobody* seems to make such an object, or any low-cost fully pre-assembled functional equivalent to it. Odd . . .

Reply to
AES
Loading thread data ...

Not quite what you describe, but close: Radio Shack used to offer a little 9-inch pigtail device with one RJ11 male (plug) at one end and a 5-fer at the other -- plastic box housing five RJ11 (female) sockets. I have one, 's how I know. And, just maybe, perhaps they still do? Overpriced, of course, but if it's in stock you don't pay shipping :-) .

HTH. Cheers, -- tlvp

-- Avant de repondre, jeter la poubelle, SVP

Reply to
tlvp

|Thanks for replies to my overblown earlier question, and I realize now |that what I want is an RJ11 plug strip (or 5 of them) -- in other |words, something that looks and functions exactly like a 110 V plug |strip, except that the cord on one end has an RJ11 connector on it |instead of 110 V plug on it, and the 4 or 6 or 8 110 V receptacles |along its length are replaced by 4 or 6 or 8 RJ11 female jacks, all |wired in parallel. | |Except, looks like *nobody* seems to make such an object, or any |low-cost fully pre-assembled functional equivalent to it. Odd . . .

Something like this?

formatting link
formatting link
formatting link
formatting link
formatting link
Dan Lanciani ddl@danlan.*com

Reply to
Dan Lanciani

Do you mean like this:

formatting link

Reply to
Reed

This comment is really directed at your original question(s), I'm putting it in this thread because it is the most current.

You mentioned that the "weird junction boxes" it the utility closet are the termination of lead-sheathed underground cables. These boxes are almost certainly the protectors!! Please do not remove these, as doing so can create a very dangerous condition. The NEC requires them, and the grounds of the protectors MUST be bonded to the ground point of your electrical power service entrance. Furthermore, these protectors are the property (and responsibility) of your service provider.

Could you post a link to a photo of the demarc in question? That would help clear this up and eliminate conjecture on my part....

Reply to
JimB

Thanks much! You had the magic incantation. (And a six to one price variation across these sources.)

Reply to
AES

Well 'low-cost' *is* asking a lot, for something that is, at best, a 'niche' market.

Beasties similar to what you're now asking about, but with only 2 or 3 outlets _are_ readily available, 'for cheap'. They're calle 'line splitters'.

Reply to
Robert Bonomi

I can't speak for the OP, Reed, but the item in your link, RS Catalog # 279-012, is exactly what *I* had in mind. Glad to know RS still carries it :-) .

Cheers, -- tlvp -- Avant de repondre, jeter la poubelle, SVP

***** Moderator's Note *****

Radio Shack still carries it, but at twice the price of the other sources that were listed.

Reply to
tlvp

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.