Cell2Tel Bluetooth RJ11 gateway [telecom]

Has anyone had any experience with this? I recently bought one and connected a 2500 set. Polarity was wrong but I guess nobody worries about that anymore. Ring test actually made the bell sound which seemed encouraging. Unfortunately, while it worked for outgoing calls it seemed to lose its association with my cell phone when an incoming call arrived. It turned out that what was actually happening was that the Cell2Tel was trying to ring the 2500 set and crashing/rebooting in the attempt. If I disconnect the ringer I can answer blind just fine.

I retried the original ring test and it no longer works; the device again crashes in the attempt. I conclude that the ring voltage generator can't deal with a real load and/or was damaged. When it tries to drive the bell it loads the power supply and causes the cpu to reset. (I tried a different wall wart in case it was that simple but no luck.) Customer support isn't very helpful, not responding as to whether they have ever tested with a real mechanical ringer. I can send the unit in for them to "look at" but I have a feeling it might just be a waste of postage (not to mention making it impossible to return to the place of purchase).

Dan Lanciani ddl@danlan.*com

***** Moderator's Note *****

That sounds like a defective unit: I'd like to hear how the replacement works out. If the design is incapable of driving a REN 1.0 load, then I'd be wary of buying one.

Bill Horne Temporary Moderator

Reply to
Dan Lanciani
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.