Re: Why I Am Not Switching to Verizon

> that email address is very personal and people/companies want very

>> specific name -- but it is a disgrace that in Verizon there is no even >> one smart person that could explain to this powerful idiot the meaning >> of email address. Anyway -- what other options with decent ISP we >> have in NYC? Any recommendations? > Well, I will strongly recommend Panix, which will sell you DSL over > Verizon's telecom infrastructure. Their customer service is amazingly > good. > But there's no reason you need to use Verizon's mail service if you buy > connectivity from them anyway. > scott

You overlook a small problem. If you are too far from the C.O. to get Verizon, how can you get Panix?

And if they are reselling Verizon's service (and Verizon is one of the low quality high speed Internet providers), then how is their service any better?

Getting an email account that is external to your ISP is an easy matter. Either you can use one of the free or pay email services or you can register a domain (very inexpensive to do, by the way) and get an email account associated with that domain (several of the registrars give a free email account with a registration). So I'd consider that part a non-issue and fully agree with you.

Regards,

Fred

Reply to
Fred Atkinson
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.