Re: Why I Am Not Switching to Verizon

You overlook a small problem. If you are too far from the C.O. to get

> Verizon, how can you get Panix? > And if they are reselling Verizon's service (and Verizon is one of the > low quality high speed Internet providers), then how is their service > any better?

They deal with the telco, not you. I bought residential dialtone from Corecomm when they entered the Cleveland Market. They resold SBC, but I didn't have to endure SBC's horrid excuse for customer servic and, as CoreComm CSRs pointed out several times, they were SBC's largest wholesale customer and had far more clout with SBC than any individual or single business could, and they actually were able to get things done.

Steve Sobol, Professional Geek ** Java/VB/VC/PHP/Perl ** Linux/*BSD/Windows Victorville, California PGP:0xE3AE35ED

It's all fun and games until someone starts a bonfire in the living room.

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: And that is precisely why I switched to Prairie Stream originally and later to Sage. Because _they_ get to spend hours and hours dealing with SBC/AT&T, instead of me. Instead of _me_ having to put up with nonsense from telco 'service' representatives explaining over and over what I wanted, typically one phone call to Prairie Stream got the job done right. PAT]
Reply to
Steven J. Sobol
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.